IFNA™ ONLINE TRAINING
Q – Who can enroll in IFNA™ online training programs?
A – Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to take IFNA™ training! The following options are available to meet your needs:
- Continuing Professional Education (CPEUs)
- Certificate of Training (COT)
- Advanced practice credential, Integrative and Functional Certified Practitioner, IFNCP™
Q – Can I matriculate through the IFNA™ Tracks at my own pace? How long will I have access to the Tracks?
A – You can progress at your own pace, however, there is a 24-month time frame to complete the required Tracks as indicated below:
- Certificate of Training (COT): Tracks 1-4
- Advanced Practice Credential – Integrative and Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner (IFNCP™): Tracks 1-5
The 24-month time frame is based on the date of your initial Track registration with IFNA. When this deadline is reached, students are unenrolled from the IFNA training program.
For further information on the IFNCP™ Advanced Practice Credential including requirements for the board exam, visit the IFNCP™ Credential Q&A Handbook
Q – How much time can I expect each module to take me to complete?
A – We estimate you’ll need approximately 7 hours to complete each module, however, this will depend on how many times you choose to review the materials included in each module. We offer 33 “fully-loaded” modules divided into 5 Tracks. Click here for a description of each module. There are many components to each module, including a 90-120 minute video presentation taught by special guest faculty, a comprehensive toolkit, many resources including handouts, protocols, brandable documents, resources, patient questionnaires, downloadable power points and the end-of-module quiz.
REGISTRATION, FEES AND DISCOUNTS
Q – Is there a specific time frame in which I need to register for IFNA™ Tracks or can I register at any time?
A – You can register for any IFNA Track at any time, however, we recommend that you begin with Track 1. Click here to enroll: https://www.ifnacademy.com/register-here/
Q – Are any group discounts offered?
A – Yes! IFNA™ offers group discounts for 5 or more individuals matriculating through our program. Please contact our office for special discounts that would apply for your group.
Q – Do students receive discounts?
A – IFNA offers discounts to full time interns and undergraduate university students only. All students must submit proof of full-time status BEFORE they purchase Track 1. Student discounts ONLY apply to Track 1 and may not be combined with the 10% membership discount. Please email proof of full time status (i.e. current transcripts) to info@IFNAcademy.com. Please refer to our Fee Schedule for more information.
Q – Does IFNA offer any discounts for VA dietitians?
A – Yes! VA Dietitians who are interested in registering for the IFNA program are eligible to receive a 10% discount towards Tracks 1-5. This special discount may also be used in conjunction with the 10% membership discount, which also applies to Tracks 1-5. Contact us at email@example.com to request a special VA coupon code to use during registration. We thank you for serving our veterans!
Q – Does IFNA offer any discounts for military and military employees?
A – Yes! Military and military employees who are interested in registering for the IFNA program are eligible to receive a 10% discount towards Tracks 1-5. This special discount may also be used in conjunction with the 10% membership discount, which also applies to Tracks 1-5. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a special military coupon code to use during registration. We thank you for serving our country!
Q – Does IFNA™ allow payment plans or deposits?
A – We currently do not offer payment plans or take deposits. Full payment is due upon registration for each track.
Q – What is IFNA™’s refund policy?
A – Once you enroll in any of the IFNA™ Tracks or the IFNCP™ Review Course, you will have immediate access, and therefore, refunds are not permitted.
CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING (COT) versus IFNCP™ CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
Q – What are the requirements for the IFNA™ Certificate of Training (COT)?
A – In order to receive the IFNA™ Certificate of Training, students must succesfully complete Tracks 1, 2, 3 and 4 and all module quizzes. For a description of each module within each Track, click here.
Q – Who is eligible to submit an application for the IFNCP™ credential?
A – Eligible persons are:
- Health care practitioners (i.e. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, etc.)
- Dietetic interns
- Masters or Doctorate level university students in the health science/nutrition field
- Health coaches, massage therapists, personal trainers and nutrition consultants who have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from an accredited university
Those with a high level of interest but no formal training are not eligible to apply for the IFNCP™ credential. In cases where eligibility is uncertain, the credential board will determine on a case by case basis. If you have questions about eligibility, feel free to contact us at info@IFNAcademy.com.
Q – What are the requirements for the IFNCP™ advanced practice credential?
A – Credential applicants must:
- complete all 5 Tracks within 24 months (for a description of each module within the Tracks, click here). IFNA does not permit skipping or “testing out” of any Tracks.
- pass all module quizzes
- submit an application (upon completion of the entire program)
- pass the IFNCP™ Credential Exam
Q – Does the IFNCP Credential allow me to legally practice as a nutritionist?
A – The IFNCP Credential does not replace licensure, or qualify anyone to refer to themselves as a “licensed” nutritionist or dietitian. However, earning the IFNCP Credential will distinguish you as someone who has passed a peer-reviewed board exam and has had advanced training in integrative and functional nutrition. This will certainly open many doors for you, however, you are responsible for staying within the limits of your scope of practice.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS/CREDITS
Q – Are Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) offered for RDN’s?
A – Yes! Currently, CPEUs are being offered for all of the modules (7 per module) in each of the 5 Tracks (with the exception of modules 6 and 8 in Track 2) and the IFNCP™Review Course (2 CEUs). The total number of CPEUs offered is 220. RDNs in the United States applying for CPEUs with the CDR must apply for each module separately. However, only one certificate of completion will be awarded for each Track.
Q – This course looks like a Master’s level education in IFN. For the student that does not actually “need” a master’s degree, will the course be a good substitute at much less cost?
A – IFNA™ programs are not academic degrees, however, we feel that the IFNA™ program offers the most cutting edge, online/distance learning, scientifically oriented, peer-reviewed, Integrative and Functional Nutrition program on the market today. The comprehensive IFNA™ curriculum has been designed with consideration of the time constraints that working healthcare professionals are managing on a daily basis. Given the attractive pricing per track, the IFNA™ program offers considerable “education density” per dollar and time.
PRACTITIONERS WITH PRIOR EXPERIENCE
Q – I recently took another online functional nutrition mentoring program for RDN’s. If I sign up with IFNA™, would I have to start at the beginning or could I start with Track 2?
A – One of IFNA’s guiding principles is “inquiry” – the desire for learning new concepts and deepening one’s knowledge in a spirit of intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness. In keeping with “a beginners mind”, we recommend that you start with our first track (Track 1…Get Ready…Just the Foundations™). There may be new information that we present in Track 1 that would benefit you as a practitioner. Also, this learning should reinforce and enrich the information you learned in another program. We offer a 25% discount for students that have taken another online, functional nutrition program. Just provide us with a written copy of your receipt or CPEU certificate and we will provide you with a one-time discount code for 25% off Track 1. Please note: this discount only applies to Track 1 and cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon code.
Q – What if I feel that I have a very solid foundation in Integrative and Functional Nutrition? Can I choose to start with Track 2?
A – Yes, you can start with Track 2. However, we strongly recommend that you start with our first track (Track 1). There will be new information that we present in Track 1 that would benefit you as a practitioner including the introduction to many IFNA proprietary tools used in each track. Furthermore, you will get more out of Tracks 2 and 3 if you have had Track 1 first. You can also start with Track 4 – the Therapeutic Elimination Diets Track then complete Tracks 1, 2, 3 and 5 (Case Study Immersion). Ultimately, in order to be eligible to take the IFNCP board exam, one must complete all five IFNA Tracks (Tracks 1-5) including passing all the quizzes at the end of each module within a maximum of 24 months. The review course is optional but highly recommended.
Q – Can I become an IFNA™ member without going through any IFNA™ training programs?
A – Yes! We welcome any health care professional to become an IFNA™ member and enjoy all the member benefits.
Q – What do I get for being an IFNA™ member?
A – Become a member of IFNA™ (only $147/year) or renew your IFNA™ membership and receive the following discounts and special pricing:
IFNA TRACK REGISTRATION
- 10% off Tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5: Be sure to purchase your IFNA membership before you register for a track
- Emerson Ecologics/Wellevate: Open a new account and receive 20% off your first order
- Doctors Supplement Store: New accounts earn a $100 cash bonus for $200 in sales in the first month. Established accounts receive 20% off your order
- Rupa Health: $100 off your first purchase
- Evexia Diagnostics: Open a new account and the $250 set up fee is waived
- 3×4 Genetics: Open an account and receive 50% off the nutrigenomics course
- Health Research Institute (HRI): Receive a special rate of $89 for glyphosate testing
- Real Time Laboratories: Enjoy $50 off clinical mycotoxin testing
DIGITAL FOOD PLANS & RECIPES
- Living Plate Rx: Free access to therapeutic diets/meal plans + $100 discount on Prime (paid) membership
TELEHEALTH PLATFORMS FOR ELECTRONIC HEALTH/MEDICAL RECORDS
- Practice Better: Receive 15% off your first 6 months
- Healthie: Receive one free month trial
- Kalix Health: Enjoy 20% off your first-year subscription
- Heads Up Health: Enjoy 20% off their Professional Edition product for practitioners.
- Examine.com: Receive a 20% discount when you open a new account to access Supplement Guides and more
- Green Med Info: Enjoy 40% off the Professional subscription
- Health Takes Guts®Your Comprehensive Guide to Eliminating Digestive Issues, Anxiety, and Fatigue (eBook): Receive a 25% discount
- Probiotic Advisor: Enjoy a 10% discount on the subscription
- Point Institute: Receive 20% off any Point Institute materials
- SIBO Academy: Enjoy a 10% discount on any course
Note: In order to receive your 10% discount code, please be sure to purchase your IFNA™ membership PRIOR to any Track registrations! Following your registration, you will be emailed the specific promo codes to utilize the above discounts. The 10% membership discount does not apply to Mentoring sessions, the IFNCP™ Review Course, IFNCP™ Application or IFNCP™ Exam.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?